//FREE $100 Gift Card with the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite//
I decided a few months ago that the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite is the best cash-back credit card in Canada. I’ve been waiting to sign up for the card, because I thought there’d be a credit card bonus eventually. Like clockwork, you can get a FREE $100 Gift Card from RateSupermarket.ca to use at Chapters, Starbucks, FutureShop, or Swiss Chalet. (OK, so the Swiss Chalet card can also be used at Harvey’s, Montana’s, Kelsey’s or Milestones but we all know Swiss Chalet is the best.) Here’s the banner link:
And here’s a refresher on the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite‘s benefits:
- 4% cash-back on gas and groceries (unlike the SmartCash, the high rate doesn’t end after six months)
- 2% cash-back on drug store purchases (hello, Shoppers Drug Mart! Plus you can still collect Optimum points)
- 2% on recurring bills
Drawback: there’s a $99 annual fee. Nevertheless, I stand to get a ton more cash-back from this card and these gains justify the fee.
If that doesn’t seem sweet enough, however, the $100 gift card deal applies to two other great Scotia cards:
- Scotiabank Gold American Express Card — plus, with this card, you’ll get 20,000 bonus points with your first purchase. This reminds me a lot of when I stacked an American Express welcome bonus (15,000 points) with an offer for a free copy of Halo 4 plus two years of Xbox Live. It’s not often in Canada that you get to “stack” credit card bonuses. Get your 20,000 bonus points PLUS a $100 gift card.
- The Scotiabank Value Visa Card. Sara has this card and she liked it. The rewards frankly aren’t good, but you can do a balance transfer for 0.99%. Lower your interest rates for six months and get a $100 gift certificate bonus.
What are you waiting for? Get a FREE $100 Gift Card from RateSupermarket.ca with one of three awesome Scotiabank Visa cards.
Oh, and with any of these three offers you’ll also be entered into a draw for $1200. That’s a lot smarter than buying a scratch ticket.
But the deal ends February 28th, 2013. As always, I will implore you to take advantage of the deal now because time has a way of evaporating. Don’t put it off. Take 10 minutes and do the application.
- Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite - up to 4% cashback on regular purchases PLUS a $100 gift card
- Scotiabank Gold American Express Card - 20,000 points after your first purchase PLUS the $100 gift certificate
- Scotiabank Value Visa Card - a low introductory rate of 0.99% on balance transfers PLUS (you guessed it) an amazing $100 freebie card
//Thinking About a Contest//
Because you have all been great, I’m pondering running a Dear Reader appreciation contest in the next month or two before I finish my parental leave. If you have any prize suggestions I’d love to hear them. Preferences:
- between $300 and $500 in cost
- can be purchased using PayPal
- easy to ship
- cool enough to actually get new visitors excited enough to subscribe/join the FB group/follow me on Twitter
- not an Apple product
//The Baby Formerly Known as Cat//
Last week, during a home inspection, I managed to gain access to a FLIR Infrared camera. Of course my first thought was “I should check Cat’s temperature.”